A little of coordination for Rosettacode

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Thu Jan 16 02:14:51 PST 2014

qznc:

> This sounds somewhat paradox to me. How can a new feature have
> a regression? A "regression" means it has worked before, but
> new feature did not exist before.

"Regressions" on older betas; or to see if using the new features
breaks other apparently unrelated parts of old code.

> In practice the difference between the uses is not that
> important I think, because the sheer number of code snippets
> and release frequency means that most examples can be compiled
> with the latest release no matter what bearophile does. ;)

Right. The percentage of future compilable entries is small,
usually much less than 5%. And this was even more true in past,
when the frequency of D releases was higher.

> Btw are your scripts public, bearophile?

They are the common kind of little scripts that you prefer to
rewrite on your own.

Bye,
bearophile