What is difference between std.signal and events?

Uranuz neuranuz at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 11:43:39 PST 2014

I have read some posts about new std.signal implementation. The
last was this review thread:
http://forum.dlang.org/thread/ujlhznaphepibgtpcoqz@forum.dlang.org.
What I still can't understand what is difference between signals
and events in languages like JavaScript, C# and Borland C++ (that
has it's own extension to language to implement events). As far
as I understand in C# events are based on delegates but have some
limitations. They can only be fired from owner's method. In JS
events at my point of view are used to notify some input events
or DOM changes. Borland C++ uses them to notify GUI events (in
example button click). Is module called "signals" only for not
interfere with OS IO events or is there some difference and
reason?