Python calling D

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Sun Jan 19 08:29:19 PST 2014

On Wed, 2013-12-11 at 12:56 +0100, John Colvin wrote:
> On Wednesday, 11 December 2013 at 11:41:11 UTC, Chris wrote:
[…]
> > Have you had a look at this:
> >
> > http://pyd.dsource.org/
> > https://github.com/dansanduleac/pyd
>
> both of those are out of date, this is where development is now:
> https://bitbucket.org/ariovistus/pyd

Sorry to be late coming to this.

It would great to be able to push D as a CPython extension language.
However the state of pyd.dsource.org and places reached from it do make
it seem that the project died in 2009.

ariovistus' GitHub project on Bitbucket is moving but everything else
appears to be a problem.

Is it possible to decide on a location for activity, create some
infrastructure, and then get the old stuff cleaned out.

My start point is to get PyD working in virtualenvs for Python 2.7 and
Python 3.3. Findout out what the SCons and Tup stuff is for would be
useful. On the side I could help with documentation and stuff, but only
if it can be done by DVCS and pull requests with email, I am not
interested in non DVCS wikis nor forums.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk