Shared objects aka dynamic libraries

Mineko uminekorox at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 17:55:50 PST 2014

On Tuesday, 21 January 2014 at 14:19:51 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
> I appear to be unable to use Google the last couple of days :-(
> so I
> admit defeat, expose my current ignorance, hopefully to quickly
> become
> enlightened.
>
> Is it possible to easily with DMD, LDC and/or GDC create shared
> objects
> aka dynamic libraries from a D code base?
>
> Currently for me DMD and LDC refuse to accept the existence of
> a -shared
> flag, and GDC always fails with some deeply incomprehensible
> messages
> about not finding _tls.* functions.
>
> There should be a page better than
> http://dlang.org/dll-linux.html

I'm making a game engine using shared objects as scripts, take a
look at https://github.com/ICGCC/Breaker-Engine

You should also check out my fork, which is a little more recent.

Point in case, look at src/breaker/util/core.d and you'll see
what you need to do.

Oh, than and shared objects only REALLY work with DMD and linux
atm, windows is dodgy, and I've tested it.