TLF = thread local functions

Dicebot public at dicebot.lv
Fri Jan 24 01:50:43 PST 2014

On Friday, 24 January 2014 at 08:11:53 UTC, Stanislav Blinov
wrote:
> ...Unless the thread is started with a delegate (literal or
> member function), which implicitly gains an unsynchronized view
> of its enclosing scope (or class).

Which means accessing shared data pretty much by definition. It
actually should not even compile without explicit casts. I guess
yet another delegate qualifier bug.

> Um, duh, but in d data is already TLS.

1) not necessarily, is is only default

2) "using TLS data" usually implies "using _own_ TLS data" as you
shouldn't be able to get reference to TLS of other thread without
dirty hacks (it breaks basic type system assumptions)