Linux dll -> Windows dll

Benjamin Thaut code at benjamin-thaut.de
Sat Jan 25 01:04:59 PST 2014

Am 25.01.2014 04:13, schrieb Mineko:
> Alright.. I've been having issues with getting windows DLL's to work
> with DMD, as in I can't make them and can't even compile without a bunch
> of errors.
>
> So, I need help on that, as the dll part of the site ain't helping.
>
> Also, any idea on how to convert some of the dll stuff on
> https://github.com/MinekoRox/Breaker-Engine/blob/master/src/breaker/utility/core.d
> to be windows compatible, I was having weird issues with that also.

Windows Dlls are fundamentally broken. The only thing that works at the
moment are DLLs with a C-Interface (written in D). DLL support on
Windows is nowhere near the shared library support on linux.
I tried pushing for a fix, but its currently not a priority. See
http://wiki.dlang.org/DIP45

Kind Regards
Benjamin Thaut