N-body bench

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Wed Jan 29 08:54:53 PST 2014

Stanislav Blinov:

> I meant how to make it compile with ldc2? I've translated the
> code, it compiles and works with dmd (although segfaults in
> -release mode for some reason, probably a bug somewhere).
>
> But with ldc2:
>
> nbody.d(68): Error: undefined identifier __simd
> nbody.d(68): Error: undefined identifier XMM
>
> those are needed for that sqrt reciprocal call.

Usually for me ldc2 works with simd. Perhaps you have to show us
the code, ask for help in the ldc newsgoup, or ask for help in
the #ldc IRC channel.

Regarding dmd with -release, I suggest you to minimize the code
and put the problem in Bugzilla. Benchmarks are also useful to
find and fix compiler bugs.

Bye,
bearophile