core.stdc.config

Gary Willoughby dev at nomad.so
Thu Jan 30 01:03:46 PST 2014

On Thursday, 30 January 2014 at 03:28:57 UTC, Craig Dillabaugh
wrote:
> So, there is a module core.stdc.config (referenced here):
>
> http://dlang.org/interfaceToC.html
>
> That is presumably part of the D Standard library.  I am
> curious to know why no mention of this library is included at:
>
> http://dlang.org/phobos/index.html
>
> Is it not part of Phobos? Are there standard modules in D that
> are not included in Phobos?  If so, where would one find the
> list of these modules.

The way i see what's available is to take a look at the files
installed by the compiler. The directory is different for all
operating systems but it's great to look at the source code of
all the different modules.

For example on Mac OSX 10.8.5 'core.stdc.config' is located at
'/usr/share/dmd/src/druntime/src/core/stdc/config.d'. There you
can see how the types are constructed and what they represent.
For Linux just type 'locate config.d' in the terminal. For
Windows it's all in 'C:\d' i think.