core.stdc.config

Gary Willoughby dev at nomad.so
Thu Jan 30 09:20:25 PST 2014

On Thursday, 30 January 2014 at 14:10:37 UTC, Craig Dillabaugh
wrote:
> I did as you suggested and had a look through what was on my
> system.  Having done so I now think that the documentation at:
>
> http://dlang.org/phobos/index.html
>
> is out of date.
>
> If you look at the section under "Imports", this appears to be
> describing what is available under from C, but it appears to
> suggest that you use std.c.config - or at least that is how I
> would have read it.

The 'std.c.*' modules are just publicly importing 'core.stdc.*'
modules and AFAIK discouraged as it gives the impression they are
part of Phobos. Using 'core.stdc.*' is informing other developers
this is core runtime stuff.

Forget 'std.c.*', use 'core.stdc.*'. And you are right, the
documentation needs a big update!