recursive definition error

Frustrated via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Jul 4 14:15:01 PDT 2014

On Friday, 4 July 2014 at 20:25:28 UTC, Frustrated wrote:
> On Friday, 4 July 2014 at 16:31:28 UTC, Stanislav Blinov wrote:
>>
>>> I'm not using 2.066 though...
>>>
>>> I will revert back to the dmd version I was using when it
>>> worked... Hopefully someone can make sure this is not a
>>> regression in the mean time... (seems like it is and I don't
>>> want to get bit again later on when I upgrade)
>>
>> That template and its instantiation work fine for me on both
>> 2.065 and 2.066b1.
>
> Ok, I do not know where this error creeped in at. I do know at
> one point the code was working fine without any changes I
> believe. (it's possible though I messed something up)
>
> The recursive error seems to be the wrong issue. Trying to
> diagnose what the problem is now.

This must be some weird issue with Array or a change in what
imports does.

e.g.,

if I do

struct apple(T) { }

template Array(T) { alias apple!T Array; }

Then the code works(except I no longer can use array as an array
but I do not get any recursive issues.

The compiler I was using when it worked might have been pre
2.064... Or possibly something else is going on that breaks the
code.

Best I can tell is that the compiler is getting confused between
std.container.Array and my Array.