dustmite build

Frustrated via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Jul 7 11:11:09 PDT 2014

On Monday, 7 July 2014 at 17:50:35 UTC, Frustrated wrote:
> when I build dustmite using dmd or gdc with no options or -O3,
> it is 18M but in the dmd directory, dustmite is only 650k. I
> assume I'm statically linking the whole library while in the
> small one is using some dynamic link library? Or is all that
> debug information or what?

Also, how does one use dustmite on a project that invloves many
subfolders and uses a library that is specified in the lib path
in sc.ini, that also uses many directories? e.g., import a.b.c.d.

Say the regression is in the library(worked in one version, new
dmd version doesn't work cause it broke something in the
library). Is dustmite going to pull in the problematic code from
the library or is it too going to just crap out and now show the
real problem?