Small part of a program : d and c versions performances diff.

bearophile via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Jul 9 06:58:16 PDT 2014

Larry:

> The rest of the code is numerical so it will not change by much
> the fact that d cannot get back the huge launching time. At the
> microsecond level(even nano) it counts because of electrical
> consumption, size of hardware, heat and so on.

Have you benchmarked the D code without starting the current
d-runtime (without GC)?

Is a starting time of around 0.015 seconds on an old PC is a huge
one? I think no one has worked a lot in decreasing this tiny
time. If you care for such time, D being open source, you can
take a look at the runtime starting code.

Bye,
bearophile