DStyle: Braces on same line

Joseph Rushton Wakeling via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sun Jul 13 02:32:23 PDT 2014

On 12/07/14 21:01, Danyal Zia via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
> I noticed that in Andrei's talks and his book, he used braces on the same line
> of delcaration, however Phobos and other D libraries I know use braces on their
> own line. Now I'm in a position where I need to take decision on coding style of
> my library and I get accustomed to use braces on same line but I'm worried if
> that would make my library less readable to other D users.
>
> Should I worry about it? Or is that's just a debatable style that won't really
> matter if it's persistent throughout library?

As long as your coding style is self-consistent, then it really doesn't matter a
lot.  In particular this choice of bracing style is a very minor issue that
people are well used to having to deal with.

However, I do think there's value in deliberately matching the code style of the
standard library, as it extends the volume of public D code with a common style.
  So unless you have a strong personal preference, I'd go with that.