Setting dates

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sun Jul 13 22:57:52 PDT 2014

On Friday, July 11, 2014 04:01:24 Joel via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
> I've been trying to set a date for my program (a small struct):
>
> import std.datetime;
>
> auto date = cast(DateTime)Clock.currTime();
> setDate(date.day, date.month, date.year);
>
> Problem is that day & month are not integers. And date.day.to!int
> doesn't work either.

You're going to need to provid more details. SetDate is not a standard
function, so it must be yours, and we don't know anything about it - not even
its signature, which makes it awfully hard to help you.

That being said, date.day returns ubyte, date.month returns
std.datetime.Month, and date.year returns ushort, all of which implicitly
convert to int. So, I don't see why you would be having an problems converting
them to int. This compiles just fine

    int year = date.year;
    int month = date.month;
    int day = date.day;

And date.day.to!int or date.day.to!int() both compile just fine as long as you
import std.conv. But calling to!int() is completely unnecessary, because the
conversion is implicit, as show above.

So, without more details, we can't help you.

- Jonathan M Davis