teething troubles

bearophile via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Jul 17 02:32:23 PDT 2014

Dean:

> Mine is an Athlon 1045.456 MHz. The minimum of 3 consecutive
> compilation runs that I get is 2.3 seconds.

Then I think your timings could be OK, I am using an old 2.3 GHz
CPU.

> On my box this compiles in 1.2 seconds. So it seems somewhat
> consistent (as in 3 times slower for both).

OK.

> I got worried because I expected dmd to compile "hello world"
> substantially faster than g++. I have heard that dmd is
> instantaneous.

dmd compiles very quickly, but to compile writeln D has to digest
a good amount of Phobos code. So you will not see a much larger
compilation time if you compile small D programs.

> I am still at a loss about tango for D2 problem.

I think I've never used Tango with dmd.

Bye,
bearophile