teething troubles

Mike Parker via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Jul 17 04:08:26 PDT 2014

On 7/17/2014 7:01 PM, Dean wrote:

> Not even sure if its a tango problem. Dmd doesn't seem to be
> picking up the path that I specify with -I. Perhaps the mechanics
> of module loading is not as simple as I imagine. I initially
> thought its a permission problem, but that is not the case.

What does your tango source tree look like? Is it a) or b)?

a) /usr/include/dmd/tango/io/Stdout.d
b) /usr/include/dmd/tango/tango/io/Stdout.d

When you pass -I/usr/include/dmd/tango, then it needs to look like b).
If it's a), then you should pass -I/usr/include/dmd. The reason is that
'tango' is the top-level package directory. Its *parent* directory needs
to be on the import path.

---