LuaD: How to load modules

Chris via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Jul 17 05:03:45 PDT 2014

On Thursday, 17 July 2014 at 10:53:56 UTC, Chris wrote:
> I'm using / testing LuaD atm. It works very well, however, I've
> encountered a problem. When I load the module lualsp (for "lua
> server pages") the app crashes. If I run the lua script on its
> own
>
> $ lua5.1 test.lua
>
> it works perfectly fine. The lua server page is executed
> correctly. If I run the same script from within LuaD, the app
> crashes, same goes for
>
> lua.doString("require \"lualsp\"");
>
> I haven't been able to figure out how to load the module into
> lua correctly, obviously there is something going wrong. I hope
> there is a way.
>
> The script test.lua:
>
> -- test.lua
> require "lualsp"
>
> -- function from lualsp module written in C++
> dofile_lsp("../examples/example1.html")
> -- end test.lua
>
> The lsp file:

>     <? name = "Chris"?>
>
>     <? print(name) ?>

What works is when I compile lualsp into a static library and
then link my program against it. Then I can do:

lua_State* L = luaL_newstate();
auto lua = new LuaState(L);
lua.openLibs();
int lib = luaopen_lualsp(L);  // defined in llsplib.cpp (i.e. the
module)

if (lib == 0) {
   auto lsp = lua.get!LuaFunction("dofile_lsp");
   lua.doString("dofile_lsp('path/to/example1.html')");
}

But I want to be able to load an external library dynamically.