Deploying Vibe.d applications to OpenShift

Etienne via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Jul 24 05:25:54 PDT 2014

On 2014-07-24 3:45 AM, Nikolay wrote:

>> Please let me know how you did it, because I know it's possible
>> with the DIY-cartridge they provide you(atleast it should be).
>
> I tried it some time ago. It is possible but:
>   - vibe.d requires a lot of memory for project compilation
>   - it is hard to install additional libraries (it is not usual Linux
> distrib)

You should compile and test on a CentOS 6.3 machine first and then write
the cartridge using the wget command to move the same libevent package
and the compiled vibe.d binary. You won't be able to compile on a cartridge.

Your cartridge would look like this:

https://github.com/Filirom1/openshift-cartridge-nodejs/blob/master/bin/setup