D JSON (WAT?!)

Ary Borenszweig via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Jul 24 11:49:25 PDT 2014

On 7/24/14, 1:58 PM, Justin Whear wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Jul 2014 13:49:27 -0300, Ary Borenszweig wrote:
>
>> Nope, a JSON can only be an array or an object (hash).
>
> Ary, can you point out the place in the spec where this is specified?
> Not to be pedantic, but the spec only seems to define a "JSON value", not
> a "JSON document".

You are right, my bad. According to Wikipedia (which has links to RFCs):

Early versions of JSON (such as specified by RFC 4627) required that a
valid JSON "document" must consist of only an object or an array
type—though they could contain other types within them. This restriction
was relaxed starting with RFC 7158, so that a JSON document may consist
entirely of any possible JSON typed value.