support for unicode in identifiers

Vlad Levenfeld via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sun Jun 1 17:17:09 PDT 2014

With unicode support (especially with UCFS) I can really code
more in the way I think. I never gave it much thought until I
worked with D, but now that I have I feel it is a bit weird to
work with epsilons and deltas on paper and "eps" and "del" or
something on the screen. And what's a more descriptive variable
name than the symbol used for it in the canonical representations?

So, this may be a very naive question but I wonder, since dmd is
open source, is there somewhere that the list of supported
symbols can be extended? (hopefully something trivial to change,
like a big array literal tucked away somewhere) I'm looking
through the files labeled 'lexer' and 'utf' and things like that
on github currently, but nothing's jumped out at me yet.