Can't link libs?

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 6 09:52:23 PDT 2014

On Friday, 6 June 2014 at 16:41:24 UTC, K.K. wrote:
> I have kept all the files in one folder. So if I don't need to
> explicitly call the .lib in DMD, does that mean the .lib is just
> a passive object? Should I make libs in place of object files?

If you pass all the .d files at once, you don't need the .lib at
all and the compiler will also just do one object file.

Simplest (and usually fastest!) way to build:

dmd yourfile.d otherfile.d lib/file.d lib/otherfile.d
otherlib/file.d

and so on - then don't worry about object or lib files. Of course
if you need a dll or something that's different...