next!T

Chris Nicholson-Sauls via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 6 20:41:54 PDT 2014

On Saturday, 7 June 2014 at 03:21:49 UTC, Andrew Edwards wrote:

> Wow. Sometimes you really cannot see the things you type no
> matter how long you stare at it. Thank you soo much.

No problem.  I only noticed when I re-typed it by hand to study
the flow, and instinctively added the else out of habit and
wondered why I was getting no errors.  :)  Started thinking it
was one of those "this is an error, but only on Thursdays" kind
of things.

Anyway, since the bugged code was freaking out in the second,
unreachable, return statement, it leads me to thinking whether we
could provide some sane way for the compiler to point out such
things (unreachable returns).  It would have made this case, and
ones like it, more obvious.