Decimal type documentation

Tim via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 11 10:10:27 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 10 June 2014 at 15:52:29 UTC, Poyeyo wrote:
> Hello, has anyone used this
> https://github.com/andersonpd/decimal implementation?
>
> I'm learning D and want to know where to start for the decimal
> (or bigfloat) stuff.
>
> The goal is to be able to read and write some data from a SQL
> DB with a decimal(10,2) field.

I recently tried this implementation without any success. I
always got conflicts.

I had the same problem. I had to read a decimal(32,8) value from
my database. I figured out that the best solution for my case is
to simply use the phobos implementation for BigInt. I'm simply
converting the decimal-value to an integer (using multiplication)
and use this instead of solving all the conflicts of the library
above.