Nameless Static Array

Taylor Hillegeist via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu Jun 12 08:58:23 PDT 2014

So, Lately I have been avoiding the NEW keyword. I have recently
given up static allocation of classes using CTFE. I guess they
must be const or immutable?  So naturally i can do most of what i
need to with structs. They are statically allocated no NEW
necessary. But without the NEW strategy. I must allocate static
arrays and set them to a pointer in my struct. Not too big of
deal really.

	uint[12] Buffer;
	R_R_Buffer RRB=R_R_Buffer(Buffer);

	uint[24] OtherBuffer;
	R_R_Buffer RRB2 = R_R_Buffer(OtherBuffer);

I feel though i might end up having OtherOtherOtherBuffers, and
it pollutes my local symbols. I just dont like it.

Is there a way to not give the buffer a name and do lika dis:

	R_R_Buffer RRB=R_R_Buffer(uint[12]);
	R_R_Buffer RRB2 = R_R_Buffer(uint[24]);

This obviously fails to compile, but i think you get the idea.
Mostly, I don't care what the static array name is.