what is going on with cgcs.c:351?

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Jun 14 21:50:05 PDT 2014

On Sun, Jun 15, 2014 at 04:44:06AM +0000, Vlad Levenfeld via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
> I've bumped up against this cryptic error from time to time. I can't really
> pin it down to a simple self contained example as it tends to come up when I
> try to have template-heavy modules interact and there is a lot to untangle.

Have you tried Vladimir Panteleev's excellent DustMite utility? It takes
a (potentially very complicated) D source tree, a test command the
checks for the particular failure you're experiencing, and incrementally
reduces your code until it finds a minimal case that reproduces that
error. Very handy for reducing large complicated projects that triggers
an internal compiler error when it's infeasible to do the reduction by
hand.

It *may* sometimes take a long time to reduce the code, so it does help
if you can remove the obviously irrelevant parts by hand first, but in
any case it's better than trying to do the full reduction yourself --
you could let it run in the background while you work on something else
in the meantime.

I am a consultant. My job is to make your job redundant. -- Mr Tom