String cast error

Ali Çehreli via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 18 18:52:41 PDT 2014

On 06/18/2014 06:04 PM, SomeRiz wrote:
> Thanks Teoh
>
> I'm trying compile but i get an error:
>
> b.d(22): Error: function b.extractSerial (string input) is not callable
> using ar
> gument types (ProcessOutput)

According to its documentation, executeShell() returns a Tuple
consisting of the return status and the output of the executed program:

   http://dlang.org/library/std/process/executeShell.html

Do not print the entire returned Tuple. Instead, print just the .status
member of it:

     auto result = executeShell(a);

     if (result.status == 0) {
         // It worked! Now we can get the output:

         auto output = result.output;

         // Use 'output' here...
     }

So, 'output' above is what you should pass to extractSerial() function
that H. S. Teoh has written:

     assert(extractSerial(output) == "92716002xxxx");

(I have not tested the code above.)

Ali