Some kind of RPC exists for D?

Bienlein via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri Jun 20 01:05:00 PDT 2014

> What data load profile do you expect? Vibe is tuned to handle
> thousands simultaneous incoming light requests (milliseconds),
> while distributed computing works better with exclusive heavy
> requests, at least minutes of work worth, BOINC uses hours
> worth work items.

Communication will be bi-directional as some thread sends
computation along with the data to be computed to some remote
thread and somewhen waits for the answer. The amount of data will
be relatively small, that is only consisting of numbers to be
processed creating some result, because Julia is geared towards
scientific computing. In that way there is little data compared
to enterprise computing.

How often remote computations are initiated depends to a large
extend on the user. So that is hard to say. But from the typical
use case scenario it will be anything but few large messages to
go across the wire. I might have to do a bit more research
looking at Julia to get a better understanding. But it's all
about performance, e.g. crunching as many numbers as quickly as
possible. So I will have to stick to a high-performance solution
anyway. For that reason it looks more like Swift or ZeroMQ.
Depends a lot which one can do marshalling and unmarshalling of
the function invocation and the data more transparently than the
other.