rehabilitating Juno

Jesse Phillips via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat Jun 21 08:28:03 PDT 2014

On Saturday, 21 June 2014 at 10:26:57 UTC, simendsjo wrote:
> This is great. I used Juno back in 2007 for working with Excel,
> and it
> worked great. Nice to see the library getting an update for D2.
> I remember seeing some slides on another COM library for D2 a
> while ago.
> Was that effort ever open-sourced?

IIRC it was a Microsoft employee using D with WinRT[1]. He did
not open-source his work. I think Juno was pretty much on par
with ease of use, but I never got to the point of doing a direct
comparison (now that I have Windows 8 I think it would be
possible)

http://www.lunesu.com/index.php?/archives/126-Modern-COM-Programming-in-D.html

Anyway, Juno does work in 32 bit, I think 64 bit is close. If I
actually had a problem to solve with COM I'd probably be working
out the kinks.

But I want to give credit to Richard Webb for providing solutions
for several COM integration problems. I've just been deprecating
things and keeping it compiling for the latest compiler.