Question about iteger literals

Uranuz via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sun Jun 22 05:23:45 PDT 2014

If these rules are not so clear and have some exceptions (but I
don't understand why they are needed) then some documentation
needed about this. But I would prefer to have result of uint
substraction like uint, and char substraction like char. If we
will changing all the types it will be kind of mess. Using this
logic we should have some bigger type for int multiplication
operator to fit in result of multiplication of int.max*int.max. I
know that some assembler operations do this and multiplication of
two registers with byte size results in placing product into two
result register. But in context of higher level programming
language it's better to have better type consistensy. Or we will
nead a bigger type to store product for ulong.max*ulong.max
result. Is it good or not?