implib and system dlls, oh my

Jason King via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Tue Jun 24 05:56:26 PDT 2014

> I don't know enough about implib to explain it.
> But another method that I believe should work is to use linker
> definition files.
> It'll allow optlink to work.
> Just add it to dmd, actually I believe it needs to be passed to
> Optlink (so -L it).
>
> Another fix, might be to use 64bit, but shouldn't be required.
>
> [0]
> http://www.dsource.org/projects/bindings/wiki/DefFiles/OleAut32

Rikki,
Thank you for your kind attention.  I spewed to the newsgroup and
googled for an answer in the wrong order.  It appears the
solution to this problem is the combination of coffimplib +
windows SDK.  After using those on the SDK's oleaut32.lib I got a
library with the properly decorated _VarCmp at 16.

Not your job, but this could probably be made simpler.