DDoc and private members / mixins / UDAs

Stefan Frijters via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 25 11:49:26 PDT 2014

Let me preface this by admitting that I'm not sure I'm using the
DDoc functionality properly at all, so let me know if my
questions are bogus.

Is it possible to:
- Add private members to documentation?
- Have DDoc do its thing after mixins have been handled?
- Access UDAs?

To expand on the last point: in my code I currently use UDAs to
annotate variables that can be set in an input file; at compile
time I use __traits to find all of them and create a parser etc.
for them. I would really like to be able to create a minimal
documentation, which only includes all such UDA-annotated
variables from all modules, so it can be used as a short manual
for the end user, rather than being developer documentation. I
was thinking of using a LaTeX template and using the absence or
presence of the UDA to somehow insert a macro that is either just
blank or actually adds the documentation.

Any tips to achieve this in a different fashion are also
appreciated.

Kind regards,

Stefan Frijters