Using attributes inside template instantiation

Chris Nicholson-Sauls via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed Jun 25 21:09:44 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 25 June 2014 at 17:21:21 UTC, H. S. Teoh via
Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:

> The term "attribute" is a bit confusing, especially since
> "property" is
> also used in the language to refer to something completely
> different. A
> better term is perhaps "annotation". The @foo is an annotation
> on x, but
> its type is just int.

Agree whole-heartedly.  I usually introduce people to the idea by
referring to them as annotations, which they understand quickly,
then later tell them that it's called an attribute because of
reasons no one knows.  I get funny looks, but at least they
comprehend it.  I'm not so sure it's too late to get the
terminology changed, though, and I sincerely hope it will.