Redirect to different overloads at compile time?

David Bregman via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sun Jun 29 22:06:30 PDT 2014

On Monday, 30 June 2014 at 04:50:05 UTC, Kenji Hara wrote:
> In D, you can merge arbitrary overloads by using alias
> declaration.

Oh wow, you are right. That's a nice feature!

I guess I simplified too much for the sake of making the post,
the functions I would actually like to merge are function
pointers. I assumed it was the same but I was wrong, sorry.

double function(double d) foo_double;
float function(float f) foo_float;

In this case, trying to use alias to merge them causes an error.