Why is the Win32 boilerplate the way it is?

Jeremy Sorensen via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon Jun 30 08:14:22 PDT 2014

> If MSDN is to be believed
> VOID WINAPI GetStartupInfo(
>   _Out_  LPSTARTUPINFO lpStartupInfo
> );
> will get you nCmdShow and lots of other goodies.

I keep getting "Error: undefined identifier GetStartupInfo" (or
GetStartupInfoA, or GetStartupInfoW).  According to MSDN it
should be available from <Windows.h>, which according to the D
documentation means "import core.sys.windows.windwos" should make
it available.  I still don't know the right way to pass a pointer
to it, but I don't think that is causing this error.  Any ideas?
Thanks.