Nobody understands templates?

Steve Teale steve.teale at britseyeview.com
Sat Mar 1 10:00:19 PST 2014

On Friday, 28 February 2014 at 19:06:26 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> On Friday, 28 February 2014 at 18:42:57 UTC, Steve Teale wrote:
>> Is this typical - libraries use templates, applications don't,
>> or
>> am I just being unimaginative?
>>
>> Steve
>

> Also every time you catch yourself doing any sort of
> copy-paste, it is quite possible that it can be replaced by
> mixin / template mixin instead. Application that are built in
> more declarative way benefit more from such tool set than
> traditional imperative ones.

In have a couple of case that always require me to find some
other instance of it, and then copy/paste, But then I need to
edit the pasted code anyway because in any particular case it
needs to deal with different command info, so how can mixins help
me? I have already dealt with the yada-yada cases by
old-fashioned OOP.

 From the various answers to this question I have concluded that I
should not worry about it. If there's a need for a template I
think I am already recognizing it.

Thanks!all()
Steve