Getting the current datetime converted into a string for writing to stdout

Kagamin spam at here.lot
Mon Mar 31 09:49:14 PDT 2014

On Sunday, 30 March 2014 at 08:25:43 UTC, Andre Artus wrote:
> Considering the international spread of D users I find it
> surprising that the date & time formatting functions in phobos
> are not localizable.

Formatting should confined to presentation tier: GUI controls,
web page generation and must not escape it the rest of code,
localized formatting freely used in the whole codebase is a bad
idea. Console output is often implied to be technical and even
machine-readable, it's a bad idea to localize it. Deep
integration of localization in e.g. .net causes lots of pain, the
deeper it is, the more pain in the ass it causes, to the point of
throwing exceptions with machine-translated error messages.