Making enum join variadic

Philippe Sigaud via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri May 2 05:24:27 PDT 2014

On Fri, May 2, 2014 at 12:59 PM, "Nordlöw"
<digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com> wrote:

> Some final questions:
>
> - Is join a good naming for this? Is chain better?
> - Is it better to be verbose with joinEnums?

I'd be verbose. It's an uncommon operation, bound to surprise a reader
a bit.It's better to type a few more letters.

I did not try to compile it, but what happens if the enum elements
have the same name ? The same min/max/values ?

Like this:

enum E1 { a, b, c }

alias E111 = join!(E1, E1, E1);

> - What other useful enum algorithms are you missing?
> - Should this perhaps go into Phobos? If so in what module? std.algorithm, range, traits?

I would put it in std.typecons, since it's a type constructor