"Error 42: Symbol Undefined" for asserts

Andre Steenveld via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri May 2 08:02:06 PDT 2014

I seem to have partially solved the problem myself. It seems that
when using the Unittest target makes the linker look in to the
/bin/Unittest directory even though project can be build using a
different target. (right click the solution -> options ->
configurations -> Configuration Mappings) Including the
dependency has to happen manually and this can be done in the
"project properties -> compiling -> linking -> Libraries field".
Include a path to the .lib file you want to use and it will be
used. You will have to mark the project as a dependency though so
it will be build if necessary.

What I am getting from the command line now:

"""

C:\Program Files\D\2.065.0\dmd2\windows\bin\dmd.exe -unittest
-debug -gc "test\main.d" "test\observer.d"
"../RDX/bin/Debug/libRDX.lib" "-IC:\Program
Files\D\2.065.0\dmd2\src\druntime\import" "-IC:\Program
Files\D\2.065.0\dmd2\src\phobos"
"-IC:\Users\Andre\Documents\RDX\RDX" "-odobj\Unittest"
"-ofC:\Users\Andre\Documents\RDX\Test\bin\Unittest\Test.exe"

"""

I'm not completly sure the the -odobj flag is coming from but I
think that was the offender and now is just silently ignored
because the bin/Unittest directory of the RDX project is empty.

The problem I am running in to now is that Xamarin Studio now
launches Test.pdb.exe which doesn't seem to do anything at all.