const ref parameters and r-value references

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sun May 4 19:59:02 PDT 2014

On Sun, 04 May 2014 19:08:27 +0000
Mark Isaacson via Digitalmars-d-learn
<digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the insights! I suppose we'll get a chance to see
> where things stand at this year's dconf.
>
> It's quite interesting that D's concept of r-values seems less
> developed than C++. Here's hoping that that only results in a
> better thought out solution.

Well, IIRC, rvalue-references are exactly what exactly what Andrei wants to
avoid due the large number of complications that the introduce to the
language. Ultimately, we want a solution in D that is simpler but still does
the job. We have simpler, but haven't quite sorted out the "still does the
job" part. I expect that we'll get there eventually, but we really should have
gotten there long before now and haven't.

- Jonathan M Davis