[Rosettacode] D code line length limit

bearophile via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed May 7 06:25:52 PDT 2014

So far in Rosettacode D entries I've kept a line length limit of
72 or 73 chars.

But now a little larger monitors are common, D UFCS chains are
common, and we also have longer function signatures with "pure
nothrow @safe @nogc" (that usually I put on a new line), so
keeping that line length limit is becoming a little pain.

So probably I'll increase the maximum line length. Rosettacode
rules forbids too much long lines, and while in my code I use a
limit of about 90-100 in my code, this is too much for online
wiki pages. So I'll do some tests, and I think for Rosettacode D
entries I'll increase the limit to about 80 chars.

Bye,
bearophile