[Rosettacode] D code line length limit

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu May 8 03:17:32 PDT 2014

On Thu, 08 May 2014 09:30:38 +0000
bearophile via Digitalmars-d-learn <digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com>
wrote:

> Jonathan M Davis:
>
> > Unfortunately, making this consistent by doing something like
> > enforcing that
> > all function attributes go on the right would then be
> > inconsistent with other
> > languages with regards to the attributes that they have which
> > go on the left,
>
> This is a job for a Lint. like DScanner :-)

Sure, that could point out that putting const or the left is bug-prone and
warn you that you should change it, but while it's not really possible to
have a fully consistent design with regards to function attributes, I still
think that allowing const on the left is simply a bad design decision. A
linter is then just a way to help you work around that bad design decision.

- Jonathan M Davis