SQLite3

Jack via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu May 8 03:29:14 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 7 May 2014 at 19:03:34 UTC, Arjan wrote:
> On Wednesday, 7 May 2014 at 06:21:10 UTC, Jack wrote:
>> First off a Disclaimer: I'm a noob and still learning. Please
>> don't bash me like some forums.
>>
>> Now to the questions: I'm searching for a quick and easy way to
>> integrate SQLite3 in my application.
>
> maybe:
> https://github.com/buggins/ddbc/wiki ?

I seem to have a problem with that library. Even if the modules
have been imported and the libraries linked and yada yada, it
spews error upon error. Sample code is this:

import std.stdio;
import ddbc.drivers.sqliteddbc;

void main(){

SQLITEDriver driver = new SQLITEDriver();
writeln("SUCCESS");
}

Error spewed out is this:
hello.d|7|Error: undefined identifier SQLITEDriver|

I think Code::Blocks is importing the modules but not detecting
the modules. Been at it for a few hours now. Any help?

On Thursday, 8 May 2014 at 05:57:39 UTC, Jesse Phillips wrote:
> On Wednesday, 7 May 2014 at 06:21:10 UTC, Jack wrote:
>> First off a Disclaimer: I'm a noob and still learning. Please
>> don't bash me like some forums.
>>
>> Now to the questions: I'm searching for a quick and easy way to
>> integrate SQLite3 in my application. I came across the
>> etc.c.sqlite3 and the DSQLite
>> library(https://github.com/bioinfornatics/DSQLite).
>>
>> Thinking that the C bindings is more documented I tried
>> learning
>> that. Though I can't understand the arguements of the callback
>> function.
>>
>> extern(C) int callback(
>> void* NotUsedAtAll, // Null variable
>> int argc, // What?
>> char** results, // Results?
>> char** columnNames //Column Names?
>>
>> ){
>>
>> for(int i = 0; i<argc; i++){
>>     writeln(results);
>>     getchar();
>> }
>>
>> I've been reading through many explanations about this and I
>> understand why the callback is needed but I can't seem to
>> understand how to really use the callback function. Can someone
>> provide a brief explanation or just point me in the right
>> direction?
>
> May as well throw an undocumented library at you:
> https://github.com/JesseKPhillips/SQLite3-D
>
> I only used it to pull data out of SQLite database. Once you
> have your db object it is something like this.
>
>     foreach(data; db.query(statement).range!Structure)...
>
> Where you define a struct with Nullable!() types your statement
> pulls out.

Sounds easy enough, I'll take a look at it. Thank you ...