[Rosettacode] D code line length limit

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu May 8 07:48:02 PDT 2014

On Thu, 8 May 2014 07:32:52 -0700
"H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d-learn"
<digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com> wrote:

> On Thu, May 08, 2014 at 01:59:58AM -0700, Jonathan M Davis via
> Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:
> > On Thu, 08 May 2014 07:29:08 +0000
> > bearophile via Digitalmars-d-learn
> > <digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Jonathan M Davis:

> FWIW, for very long function signatures I write it this way:
>
>   const(T)[] myVeryLongFunction(T)(const(T)[] arr,
>                                    int        x,
>                                    int        y,
>                                    int        z,
>                                    ExtraArgs  extraArgs)
>       pure @safe nothrow
>       if (is(T : int) &&
>           someOtherLongCriteria!T &&
>           yetMoreVeryLongCriteria!T)
>   {
>   }

That's that I do with the params, but I'd still put the attributes to the
right of the last param rather than on their own line. I don't think that I'd
_ever_ put attributes on their own line. But as always, it's all quite
subjective, and everyone seems to prefer something at least slightly
different.

- Jonathan M Davis