Any chance to avoid monitor field in my class?

Yuriy via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Fri May 9 04:13:49 PDT 2014

Imho, offtop, also i'm a C++/Obj-C guy and that might partially
explain my preferences, but here are some more reasons:
1. I like the concept of CT-reflection and CTFE a lot. This makes
metaprogramming extremely powerful without any RT overheads. It
brings a lot more control to what goes to RT. I guess D still
needs to shrink it's runtime a bit more, and __monitors is just
another example of that.
2. It's extremely easy for C++/C#/Java/Objc-C developers to
switch to D without loosing any bit of their productivity, but
gaining lots of possibilities, that can be used in future. And
C++/C#/Java/Obj-C is the majority of the world now. Even PHP
developers should think of D one day =).
3. That's the most arguable, but D's syntax and semantics looks
much cleaner and uniform to me than Rust's.