Temporary silence output (stdout)

Mark Isaacson via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat May 10 15:21:22 PDT 2014

On Saturday, 10 May 2014 at 20:24:50 UTC, MarisaLovesUsAll wrote:
> Hi!
> I sometimes got a useless messages in stdout from SDL_Image
> library, and I want to temporary silence it. How do I do?

Consider using either version or debug statements.

If you want the messages to be opt-in, debug statements are quite
useful:
debug(myModule) writeln("Hello world!");

Which will only print when you compile with -debug=myModule

If you want more power than that, version statements can be
useful. First declare (or don't) a specific version (or several):

version = MyVersion;

Then conditionally compile code based on that:

version(MyVersion) {
    writeln("Hello World");
}

Note that the compiler declares some versions automatically, such
as version(unittest) when compiling with --unittest.