Configuring Phobos from the 1-click installer

Moses via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Sat May 10 19:12:52 PDT 2014

After using the 1-click Ubuntu installer, I'm having trouble
figuring out how to import standard library functions for Phobos.
I get the message:

Error: module io is in file 'std/std/io.d' which cannot be read
import path[0] = /usr/include/dmd/phobos
import path[1] = /usr/include/dmd/druntime/import

Sorry for such a basic question, but I am new to linux. Do I need
to modify my path, or is Phobos just not located in the right
directory?