Down the VisualD0.3.38-1.exe ,found virus!

Rainer Schuetze via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon May 12 00:26:49 PDT 2014

On 12.05.2014 08:36, FrankLike wrote:
>> There are some quotes missing when building the Debug configuration. I
>> have committed a fix and also added the missing file reported in your
>> other message (IIRC it is not needed by every VS SDK).
>
> Sorry,Rainer Schuetze,
> Here is some error when compile the VisualD:
>
> --------------ERROR START----------------
> Building Resources\pkgcmd.cto
> Command Line
> set PATH=D:\D\dmd2\windows\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft
> SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\\bin;%PATH%
> set DMD_LIB=D:\D\dmd2\windows\lib
> set VS9SDKBIN=c:\l\vs9SDK\VisualStudioIntegration\Tools\Bin
> set CTC=%VS9SDKBIN%\CTC.exe
> if not exist "%CTC%" goto no_CTC
> if not exist "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio
> 10.0\\Common7\Tools\vsvars32.bat" goto no_CTC
> set PATH=%PATH%;%VS9SDKBIN%
> call "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio
> 10.0\\Common7\Tools\vsvars32.bat"
> if errorlevel 1 goto reportError
> "%CTC%" Resources\pkgcmd.ctc Resources\pkgcmd.cto -Ccl -I.
> goto reportError
>
> :no_CTC
> echo Warning: CTC.exe not found in %VS9SDKBIN%.
> echo It is part of the VS2008 SDK and is needed to compile
> Resources\pkgcmd.ctc
> if not exist Resources\pkgcmd.cto exit 1
> echo Resources\pkgcmd.cto exists, so it is assumed to be up to date.
> echo If the project rebuilt again and again with this message, touch
> Resources\pkgcmd.cto to make it newer than Resources\pkgcmd.ctc
> :reportError
> :reportError
> if errorlevel 1 echo Building Resources\pkgcmd.cto failed!
> Output
> Warning: CTC.exe not found in
> c:\l\vs9SDK\VisualStudioIntegration\Tools\Bin.
> It is part of the VS2008 SDK and is needed to compile Resources\pkgcmd.ctc
> -------------ERROR END---------
>
> I found it always to overwite the file
> 'visuald\visuald\Resources\pkgcmd.cto.build.cmd',let the
> 'VS9SDKBIN=c:\l\vs9SDK\VisualStudioIntegration\Tools\Bin' not use
> '%VSSDK100Install%VisualStudioIntegration\Tools\Bin' .
> Then failed.

ctc.exe is not distributed with the SDKs starting from VS2010, so
mapping to a more recent version does not work. That's why there is a
precompiled pkgcmd.cto file in the repository. You'll have to update its
modification time to avoid the build process trying to generate it from
pkgcmd.ctc every time.

The explicitely used c:\l\vs9SDK is my installation, I should add a
check for %VSSDK90Install% here.