Recommendation on option parsing

Chris Piker via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Mon May 12 13:54:33 PDT 2014

On Saturday, 10 May 2014 at 09:50:04 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2014-05-10 01:09, Chris Piker wrote:
>> Phobos' std.getopt is a bit spare for my taste, as there is
>> no builtin general help facility with word-wrapping.
>
> I'm using the one in Tango [1] with some additions [2]. It's a
> bit messy and I don't consider it stable, but it will
> automatically generate the help text. You can see some of it's
> uses here [3].
>
> [1] https://github.com/SiegeLord/Tango-D2
> [2]
> https://github.com/jacob-carlborg/mambo/tree/master/mambo/arguments
> [3]
> https://github.com/jacob-carlborg/dstep/blob/master/dstep/driver/Application.d#L53

Thanks for the reference.  Just perusing your class structure
it looks like a well thought out module.  Unfortunatly this
also seems a heavy dependency to pull in, I have to use Tango
and then mombo on top of that.  Over the long haul that might
be the best answer, but I'm working on a rather small set of
programs for right now.
--
Chris