DFL is the best UIcontrols for D,compare it to dwt, tkd,dtk,dlangui,anchovy......

ed via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Wed May 14 21:03:56 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 14 May 2014 at 06:14:16 UTC, FrankLike wrote:
> On Tuesday, 13 May 2014 at 23:26:20 UTC, ed wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 13 May 2014 at 15:20:36 UTC, FrankLike wrote:
>>> DFL is just a thin wrapper around Win32, no surprise. I've
>>>
>>> In Linux?The exe  was compiled in win32?
>>> Don't  play jokes  on it.
>>
>> He's not joking, it is via wine.
>>

>> As for the DFL/DWT,GTK-d,TKd comparison you need to compare
>> apples with apples.
>>
>> If you can improve DFL widgets so they:
>>
>> 1. support linux, windows, mac
>> 2. support the same features as the "more complex" GUI widgets
>>
>> With the constraint that:
>> 3. DFL uses less LOC and reduces code complexity comapred to
>> GTK-d and DWT
>>
>> Then the comparison between DFL and other GUI libraries would
>> be interesting.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> ed
>
> Don't you want to look for the DFL's author Christopher E.
> Miller?
>
> 'DFL is Copyright (C) 2004-2010 Christopher E. Miller'

Not particularly as I am not that interested in DFL. But you can
work on DFL without the author, i.e. make improvements, port to
Linux or whatever you wish.

http://dsource.org/projects/dfl/browser/trunk/win32/dfl/license.txt

The DFL library is under a 3-choice license, pick one that suits
you: LGPL, ZLIB, DFL license.

Then go code  :)

Cheers,
ed