XamarinStudio dependency issues(Mono-D)

Kapps via Digitalmars-d-learn digitalmars-d-learn at puremagic.com
Thu May 15 18:11:50 PDT 2014

On Friday, 16 May 2014 at 01:07:28 UTC, Kapps wrote:
> On Friday, 16 May 2014 at 00:23:00 UTC, Jack wrote:
>> I recently downloaded Xamarin Studio from the Mono-Develop
>> site(as this was the only available installer on that site)
>> and was looking to try out Mono-D.
>>
>> Then this showed up: http://puu.sh/8NV4V.png
>>
>> Was wondering where I can get those dependencies, or how to
>> solve this particular problem... Thank you
>
> The problem occurs because MonoDevelop 5 is coming out, and the
> 4.2.2 version I believe isn't supported anymore. I think that
> if you go into Help -> Check for Updates and set yourself to
> the Alpha channel it might work on Windows.

I should clarify, I think that the 4.2.2 version isn't supported
by Mono-D anymore (might be wrong). The installation instructions
say to make sure you're on the alpha channel and thus 4.3. But if
this doesn't work, you might get more useful help on
http://mono-d.alexanderbothe.com, Alex is quite active and
helpful with questions.